1) Pentland painting & decorating Ltd will expect to have clear and reasonable access to areas agreed for decoration so that the works may be carried out in a particular and economical manner. All valuable and breakable items of furniture etc should be removed from the room/s agreed for decoration.
2) Payment shall become due on completion of the agreed works by either bank transfer or cash unless a time-frame for payment has been previously discussed & agreed by both parties. Where the period for completion of the work exceeds 1 month, arrangements for interim or stage payments will be agreed before the commencement of the works to cover time, expenses & materials.
3) Where works are carried out, the extent of preparation is to be agreed before by both parties before the commencement of the works and if not discussed & agreed shall be at the discretion of the Company.
4) For all new work and fixtures, (Joinery, plastering, coving, drywall, sockets)any making good exceeding 2mm is the responsibility of the Customer. The preparation of sub-standard timber/metal/plastics/plaster is subject to negotiation and if not agreed before the commencement of the works shall be at the discretion of the Company.
5) Irrespective of any insurances covering the Company Pentland Painting & Decorating Ltd the customer should advise his insurers that works are being carried out on his property and satisfy himself that he is adequately covered by insurance against loss or damage by fire or other risks arising out of and during the progress of the operations. Unless otherwise expressly agreed the Company is not liable for loss or damage by fire or any other risks to the works, materials on site or any property of the customer.
6) The date agreed for completion and the price stated in the estimate/quote are subject to alteration in the event of delays occurring through additions or variations to the works described in the estimate or any causes beyond the Company’s control including delays by other contractors or sub-contractors in completing their works on site.
7) Defects which exist at or may appear within 3 months from the completion of the works if proved to arise from workmanship or materials not in accordance with the estimate will be made good by the Company at its own cost. Notice in writing of such defects must be given to the Company before the expiry of the period stated.